Sunday, March 29, 2009

Can't Stand It: Faking and Shaking

As much as the Black has come up from and gone through...you would think that Humbleness would follow. I do not mean ignorant submission to another race, but submission to the One who makes all things possible. There is a since of pride associated with being black, but too much of anything is a bad thing...too much is simply TOO MUCH. I don't call people out because I am not confrontational and I do realize that I am not perfect, however I do call it as I see it (every now and then).

I cannot stand arrogance and pretentious behavior.

I just hate to hear black people slandering or degrading one another because it's done enough by other races that we don't need to do it ourselves.

Another thing I just can't stand is the so-called social class division. It really exists among all races, but I'm specifically referring to that within the Black communities... What purpose does this division serve? I know Black people hate how they are discrimminated against by white people (racial profiling within the job, housing and educational realms) so why would we turn around and discriminate against people of our own race. It is done, but why?

We as a race could be so much more if we stop pretending and actually showed and proved who we are, not to the world but to ourselves. Wearing fur coats to a salon to get a pedi/mani does not make you look rich, it makes you look like a buffoon. Buying new cars (plural) and 100,000 dollar chains and showing it off to the youth does not make you look rich, it makes you look careless and wasteful.

I repeat...Black people could BE so much more if WE stop pretending... We have to be a people of action. I think I've said enough.

0 comments: