Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Time Warner's Got me Getting Silly...literally.

Okay, so i don't have cable. Nor do i have the Internet. No, I am not a cave woman. However, Time Warner SUCKS (period).

Therefore, I have missed the VP presidential debate last week, as well as the Presidential debate which airD tonight. How pissed am I? Well, let me tell you, pretty pretty pissed. Not just because I'm missing Obama tonight, crazy as$ Palin lastweek, and future 1st lady Michelle O tomorrow on Larry King @ 9p (plug), BUT more so because I am forced to watch DVDs and youtube until I am blue in the face!! (as u can c)...
AND now I'm even more pissed because I was watching youtube and came across vids of ppl doing the F$%kin 'Rack Daddy' when I discovered I CANNOT, for the life of me, do this gotD@mn dance (I don't know why that turned into a link...don't click it because I don't know where the heck you'll end up--lost in cyberspace, i reckon).

Anyhoo
The dance. I just cannot get my legs and body to do it. As embarrassed as I am to admit that I really WANT to 'Rack Daddy', the simple fact remains so... I CAN NOT. however, when i have the time, i OBSESS over these foolish dances and songs. Rack Daddy, Watch my Shoes, Wipe me Down, My Dougie, Get Silly... not the most intellectual joints, but when I'm alone or drunk enough in public (hell, I don't even have to be drunk) if i hear these songs, I have to dance. It's reflexive. A few months ago in BestBuy (in the H of course), Get Silly was blasting through the Dolby. I was unphased and my brother asked, "little sister, have you no SOUL? Get Silly is on and you don't even budge. Have you no SOUL?" This question was right on, and I was not insulted. In fact, as a result, I was forced to check out my surroundings, and noticed all of MY ppl getting silly...all down the isles (i sh!t you not). From this point my perceptual salience for these crazy SoulProvoking tunes has been ever so finely attuned. AND a direct by-product of my run-in with 'Silliness' is me no longer being able to hide my nature. Thus, this being why I am rather upset, perplexed even, that I cannot express myslf through dance...

This just in: i am well aware of the fact that I will, 9 times out of 10, NEVER get the opportunity to impress anyone with my sensational Rack-ability, Dougie-freshness (and the like) howev, I don't do it for the fans. I do it for my health...

(sigh)o bother, I should've gone with satellite.

0 comments: