Tuesday, January 20, 2009

C.H.A.N.G.E.


Today is the day that Barack Obama is inaugurated into office. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend this historic event, but I am tuned into CNN before I head off to class. Really I don't know what to think exactly...it all seems extremely surreal. Obama is the first minority in office and that in itself is amazing, but can you imagine how extremely over qualified this man must be. He wouldn't have even almost made it this far if he weren't light-yrs ahead of the present chief and all competitors. I do feel a sense of pride and I do feel slightly confident this morning and Yes I do feel that this will CHANGE, not only America, but the world. It is wonderful that there will be a splash of color in DC, but that's not the part that I am most pleased with. I am looking forward to having a leader who had a dream, against ALL odds, who remained cool and respectful, and persevered. I am looking forward to a leader who has a stick-to-it-ness about him, a man. A man with integrity, who says what he means, does what he says and means it. That's what I'm most proud of.

I am not looking to Barack for all of the answers because God will do that, and I do not expect that he will be able to CHANGE the world because God will do that too or that he is carrying the world on his back because Jesus did that on Calvary, but I do feel that this feat is aw inspiring. Whites, Blacks, Puerto Ricans, Asians, etc... will be affected in so many ways by such an enormous shift of power.

C - Christ-like living

H - Humility

A - Arrival...

N - New Attitude

G - Growth

E - Equality to all

What does change mean to you?
VickyLee

0 comments: