Monday, January 12, 2009

He's on my Mind Like an EdgeUp

i haven't blogged in so long! i have been on my Christmas break forreal!!! it started off extremely rocky, but thank God for Jesus! it ended pretty swell, to say the absolute least. i'm feeling good. BUT you know who i am reallllllllly feeeeeeling... NaS! i've been loving this man since the early 90's & I can't get enough of him. he is the best to me for sooo many reasons. i can't decide if it's because of his lyrical content or his ability to tell a story that can be vividly imagined. i am not too big on east coast rap, but his beats aren't as "grimy" as some of the others like Memphis Bleek and Mobb Deep...His music is so easy to the ear and his words make you think. His music is people friendly and Not to take away from his 'street cred', but the ability to appeal to everyone is a gift. (sigh) Kelis is blessed that's for sure.

Here are 2 of my favorites...all of them are my favorites i had to choose!










So basically, I came out of my blogger hiatus to rant about Nas. One of these days my Nas will come along...until then I'm (singing) "still dreaming..."
VickyLee

0 comments: